karakarinanbr

Nocturnal Book Reviews

Blogging at Nocturnal Book Reviews since May 2011 about steampunk, urban fantasy, historical & paranormal fiction, contemporary, fantasy, sci-fi & erotica.

The Angel (The Original Sinners)

The Angel (The Original Sinners) - Tiffany Reisz Egalley thanks to Harlequin MIRA

Blew me away, that book. Absolutely blew me away.

Is it possible to be that smitten? is it possible to love it even more than The Siren? Yes. The Angel is the highest level of mindf*ck imaginable. Don't mistake it for erotica, don't mistake it for a sugary love story, it's a thriller, it's a mystery, it will mess you up, it will make you crave more.

There is something absolutely diabolical about Soren. He tests and pushes your boundaries and makes you question yourself deeply. If Kingsley does it playfully, in a beautiful French accent, Soren is quiet, ruthless, sees far too much and goes straight for the gut.

The Angel is less about Nora and more about his past. This is also about Michael reinventing himself and Griffin and his wonderful butler. Oh, how I loved that butler! He stole limelight with his every appearance...

I don't want to give you spoilers, but there are some shocking revelations about Nora, Soren, Kingsley and even Wesley which help you understand these wonderful characters more deeply, there are gorgeous dialogues and scorching BDSM scenes, all beautifully interwoven with a twisted, layered story. As I said before, - you can not judge this book by your normal standards, and let's not even talk about trying to explain what's so good about it to people unfamiliar with Tiffany's writing *shuddering* If you read it, no explanations will be necessary. Tiffany's books are tantalising, and I am absolutely hooked on them and desperately waiting for more!

Recommended to those who think they'll like it and to those who think they won't.