karakarinanbr

Nocturnal Book Reviews

Blogging at Nocturnal Book Reviews since May 2011 about steampunk, urban fantasy, historical & paranormal fiction, contemporary, fantasy, sci-fi & erotica.

Once Bitten, Twice Shy (Jaz Parks, Book 1)

Once Bitten, Twice Shy - Jennifer Rardin I read this book years ago and couldn't remember much of it, besides now I have to reread the whole series as I have the last book on my bookshelf.

Jaz has a peculiar mind and sense of humour. Maybe because she went through a huge tragedy, and her perception of things is askew. She has blackouts and every time she is in a new place she automatically rearranges furniture in a certain way.

If that's not enough to get you interested, she is a top-notch assassin contracted to CIA, and her partner is a 300 year-old vampire Vayl. They go to Miami to kill a plastic surgeon who works for an extremely dangerous terrorist Raptor.

What they get in the end is more than they were bargaining for, including a plan for world domination, a plague, a disgusting demon and an evil ex-wife of Vayl. Yep, lots of staked vampires, treachery and explosions, wrecked cars and even more wrecked apartments, and a promising start of love relationship...

All in all, a fun read, fast-paced, sometimes confusing, but very much intriguing. I'm looking forword to reading book #2 and hope my question as to what Jaz is will be answered.